— The heel is the largest of 26 bones in the human foot, the American Podiatric Medical Association says.
Heel pain is typically caused by heel spurs, plantar fasciitis or achilles tendinitis.
The association offers these suggestions to avoid heel pain:
- Wear shoes that fit well front, back and sides; have shock-absorbent soles, rigid shanks and supportive heel counters.
- Wear the proper shoes for each activity.
- Do not wear shoes with excessive wear on heels or soles.
- Before exercising, warm up and stretch.
- Pace yourself when you participate in athletics.
- Lose extra weight.
Posted: February 2019
Source: Read Full Article