December 6, 2018 |
We hope you caught our yummy Thanksgiving Turkey Loafs recipe last month and had a wonderful Thanksgiving! As we move closer to Christmas, we are excited to share our favorite dog safe recipe for tasty biscuits.
A happy dog means a happy home and his healthy treat is going to make the season special for your dog!
Keeping your dog happy and safe involves feeding them a healthy diet which is suitable for their lifestyle and stage in life. A quick dive into dog nutrition shows us there are six macro nutrients that every dog needs:
The recipe below uses ingredients which have elements of all these nutrients so there is nothing stopping you from sharing these tasty snacks with your pooch.
- ¾ cup plain flour* (mix in one tsp baking powder)
- ¾ cup oats
- ½ ounce cooking oil
- Two medium sized eggs
- ½ ounce honey or apple sauce (depending on Fido’s favorite!)
- ½ ounce peanut butter (make sure it is without Xylitol)
*If your dog has a wheat allergy, you can substitute rice flour.
- Heat your oven to 365°F
- Mix and knead all of the ingredients creating a stodgy and firm dough
- Roll the dough out onto a flat surface to a depth of 1cm
- Use your biscuit cutter to cut the dough (around 20 biscuits)
- Place the biscuits onto a greased baking tray
- Bake for 18-20 minutes
Play Mix the Cup
How about sharing these tasty biscuits with your dog while having a little fun? Playing brain games and teaching new tricks is a great way to bond with your dog during Christmas!
Mix the Cup Game:
- Start with three plastic cups
- Place a biscuit under one cup (let your dog watch)
- Mix the three cups
- Let your dog approach the cup with the treat
- Reward your dog and give them the treat when they sniff the correct cup!
Like with any snack, moderate your dog’s calorie intake and don’t overfeed them. Overfeeding a dog on carbs isn’t compatible with their high protein natural diet.
Your dog is sure to LOVE this simple biscuit recipe with natural ingredients and they even have a great after taste! Celebrating Christmas with your family and pets is a special time of the year. Enjoy making memories!
This Article was written by All Things Dogs.
Source: Read Full Article